Filled Middle Gap
Get A complete smile redesign at Santaquin Dentistry WITH dental BONDING
For Minor Dental Fixes, Bonding Can Be A Simple Answer
Bonding is generally used for minor dental alterations or changes. It uses a tooth-colored resin/plastic and applies it to your tooth. Once it adheres or “bonds,” it can actually restore or improve your smile. Replace minor flaws instantly.
How Dental Bonding Works For You
Bonding doesn’t take very long (30-60 minutes per tooth) and anesthesia usually isn’t necessary. Here’s how the process works:
- Your dentist uses a shade guide to determine the color of the resin (so it matches the rest of your teeth).
- Next, they roughen the tooth surface and apply a conditioning liquid (to help the resin adhere).
- The resin is applied, molded, and smoothed.
- An ultraviolet light or laser hardens the material.
- Your dentist finalizes the shape and polishes the tooth surface.
- Your smile is improved!
Advantages of Bonding
Bonding can last anywhere from three to 10 years and doesn’t require any special care. They are also fairly affordable and sometimes covered by insurance. In fact, they are among the easiest and least expensive cosmetic dental procedures.
Bonding can also be used for fillings and to replace mercury fillings with a natural-looking material. It matches your surrounding teeth for a beautiful finish.
*Veneers might still needed for larger restorative needs.
Before & After Bonding
Come in for a FREE consultation and learn about the many options to refresh your smile!